What is ORCA Business Passport?
ORCA Business Passport is a comprehensive, annual transportation pass program for employers. Standard pricing and elements are available for employers with 5-499 employees. Employers with 500 or more employees receive custom pricing and the option to include vanpool/vanshare subsidies and the Home Free Guarantee program.
Standard elements include:
- Access to regular bus services on Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, Pierce Transit, and Sound Transit
- Access to regular service on Sound Transit Link light rail
- Access to regular service on Sound Transit Sounder commuter rail (including Rail Plus partnership with Amtrak Cascades)
- Access to regular service on Seattle Streetcar
- Access to regular service on King County Water Taxi (Vashon and West Seattle routes)
- Access to regular service on Kitsap Local and Fast Ferry
- 100% vanpool fare subsidy on Community Transit, Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, and Pierce Transit vanpool vans
- 100% vanshare fare subsidy on Community Transit, Kitsap Transit, Metro Transit, and Pierce Transit vanshare vans
- Access transportation service on Kitsap Transit and Metro Transit (Access-eligible riders only)
- Emergency guaranteed ride home service (Up to eight rides per employee)
Benefits to employers include ability to:
- Offer employees an annual comprehensive transportation pass program within a single card
- Reduce administrative costs – the Passport annual program does not require monthly online administration or knowledge of what type of passes employees need
- Manage employee cards online by serial number, by branch or by group
- Can be used in combination with an ORCA Choice program to cover ferry riders at additional cost
- Provide equitable transportation benefits to all employees
Benefits to employees include ability to:
- Have daily flexibility in choosing how to commute to work
- Receive low cost or fully subsidized commute benefits
- Use a single, easy-to-use card to access many different modes of transportation
How much does Passport cost?
Cost varies depending on the location(s) of your company's work site(s). View our ORCA Business Passport rates. The program requires that a pass be purchased for every benefits-eligible employee. If you already subsidize transportation for some employees, we recommend that you compare your current transportation expenditure to the cost of Passport for all your employees. Feel free to use our ORCA cost calculator. If you need assistance with Business Choice or Business Passport, please call us at 206-477-3700 or send us an email . Passport is available to individuals only through their participating employer.