Mapping Data with ArcGIS Maps for Office
Registration & fee required
Continuing education units (CEUs): 0.75
GISCI educational achievement points: 0.1875
|December 14, 2018||King County staff and the public: Register | Register Online
Eligible public employees in Washington:
You’ve been using spreadsheets and graphs to tell your story and help you make decisions. A map of your data can give a very different perspective on your story and your decision making.
ArcGIS Maps for Office is an Excel add-in that you can use to create maps of your spreadsheet data. By mapping the location-based information from your spreadsheet, you can reveal spatial patterns, get new insights, tell a richer story, and ultimately make better decisions. ArcGIS Maps for Office also allows you to share your story on websites and provides an opportunity to add interactive maps to PowerPoint presentations. This workshop will get you started with hands-on exercises that will have you flying solo in no time.
Excel users who want to learn how to visualize and analyze their data in a different way using maps.
Introduction to ArcGIS Online (AGO)
- Overview of AGO
- Overview of ArcGIS Maps for Office
ArcGIS Maps for Office
- Prepare data for mapping
- Add a map to an Excel spreadsheet
- Add map layers
- Style map layers
- Manage map layers
- Perform analysis
- Share maps and layers
- Work with interactive maps in PowerPoint
Prerequisites and recommendations
Basic familiarity with Excel and PowerPoint is assumed. A basic understanding of geospatial data is helpful. Get the basics by watching these four videos.
- 7.5 hours of instruction from a CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT).
- Use of a student PC while in class, with appropriate software and access to training data.
- A copy of the workshop training materials.
- Upon completion, a signed completion certificate which will indicate the CEUs (0.75) and GISCI (0.1875) points earned.