ArcGIS Pro Quick-Start for the GIS Professional
TeachMeGIS curriculum, KCGIS Center instructor
Registration & fee required
Continuing education units (CEUs): 1.5
GISCI educational achievement points: 0.375
|February 26–27, 2019||Registration full.
Click here if you would like to have your name added to a waiting list for this session.
Seats still available for eligible public employees in Washington:
GIS Software Used
ArcGIS Pro version 2.x
With fast processing, enhanced 3D capabilities, and a new intuitive interface, ArcGIS Pro, Esri's next-generation GIS software, promises a wealth of potential for experienced GIS users. This class is designed to help users get up and running in Pro as quickly as possible. Become familiar with the new project structure, understand the intuitive and dynamic interface structure, and learn how to do all of your favorite tasks in a whole new way.
Those who are comfortable with ArcGIS Desktop and want to learn how to use ArcGIS Pro, Esri's next-generation GIS software, in order to incorporate it as part of their overall GIS arsenal.
- Getting to Know ArcGIS Pro
- An overview of the ArcGIS platform and how ArcGIS Pro fits
- Opening and navigating a project in the software
- Starting Your Project
- Create a project and add maps and data
- Work with layers in the new environment of ribbons, panes, and views
- Connecting to ArcGIS Online
- Explore the relationship between ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online
- Learn how to share content between them
- Working in 3D
- Convert 2D maps to 3D maps
- Analysis and Geoprocessing
- Organization and functionality of analysis tools in Pro
- Geoprocessing and Network Analyst tools, ModelBuilder, Python, and raster functions
- Managing and Editing Data
- Editing environment and capabilities
- Editing tab and the Create Features and Modify Features panes
- Compare layout capabilities in ArcGIS Pro with ArcMap
- Create multiple layouts within a project, 3D map frames, and more
- Sharing Workflows as Tasks
- Document and share repeatable GIS workflows with tasks
Prerequisites and Recommendations
Attendees should have knowledge of Microsoft Windows® and have a comfortable working knowledge of the use of ArcGIS Desktop, including the topics covered in both the Fundamentals of ArcGIS and Intermediate GIS Concepts classes.