Historical flood photos
King County, Washington
Oblique photos have been taken by aircraft during many flood events dating back to 1946. The photos and their geographic locations can be viewed in an interactive web based mapping system (iMap).
- Launch iMap, King County iMap Interactive Mapping Tool
- Click or tap the Layer List icon in the header bar.
- Turn on the "Flooding Info" layer group by clicking or tapping the checkbox next to its name.
- Expand the layer group by clicking or tapping the arrow to the left of the checkbox
- Click or tap to turn on the "Flood photos" layer.
- Enter the address of the property you are checking into the Basic Search entry field in the upper left corner of the map. Then click or tap the address in the drop-down list that appears, or the magnifying glass icon; the map will zoom to the address. Instead of entering an address, you could just pan and zoom on the map to focus on your area of interest.
- On the map, click or tap on one of the colored square dots that indicate an available photo. A small version of flood photo will open. Click on the photo to enlarge.
For questions about the Flood Warning System, please contact Ken Zweig, River and Floodplain Management Section.