Skip to main content
King County logo

Permitting and land acquisition questions should be directed to the appropriate jurisdiction.

Questions regarding land acquisition or regulatory compliance for a King County Wastewater Treatment Division facility, project, or program:

Claire Christian
Property Center program manager, Wastewater Treatment Division

For individual staff contacts, please view the Wastewater Treatment Division Regulatory Compliance & Land Acquisition Services employee directory.

Questions regarding real property:

King County Real Estate Services

Questions regarding County-issued permits:

King County Department of Permitting and Environmental Review

Land acquisition
  Agency Area
County  King County Real Estate Services
Real Estate Services is a section of the Facilities Management Division, and acquires, disposes inventories, leases, and manages the real property which King County manages in a trust capacity            
State Washington State Department of Transportation WSDOT Real Estate Services performs and coordinates all real estate transactions for the department, including auctions, and issues guidelines for all state agencies engaged in real estate activities covered by the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act           
State Washington State Department of Natural Resources DNR land exchanges and sales include transfers to other public agencies, public auctions, and purchases of replacement properties keep trust lands productive for long-term revenue production
Federal U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration, Washington Division The Real Estate Services/Right-of-Way (RES/RW) section administers the Federal-aid right-of-way program in the state of Washington
Federal  Army Corps of Engineers The Real Estate department acquires, manages and disposes of real estate for the Department of the Army, and provides real estate services to government partners

Regulatory compliance
  Agency Area
 Local Local municipalities Contact your local municipality directly for details about local permitting regulations
 County King County Department of Permitting and Environmental Review
Assorted permits required for work in unincorporated King County
 County King County WTD Industrial Waste program
Permits and regulations for approval to discharge industrial wastewater into the King County sewer system
 State Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife Hydraulic Project Approval (HPA), required for work that will use, divert, obstruct, or change the natural flow or bed of state waters
 State Washington State Department of Ecology Resources for required state environmental permits
 Federal Army Corps of Engineers Section 10 (Work In Navigable Waters) or Section 404 (Excavation and Fill) may be required for any in-water work in COE jurisdictional waters

Claire Christian
Property Center program manager