Regulatory compliance services
King County Wastewater Treatment Division has a number of in-house permitting specialists that support WTD projects.
The staff members:
- Provide a high-level review of WTD project proposals to determine permit triggers and constraints that might influence project design or implementation
- Identify what permits are required
- Prepare permitting packages and schedules
- Attends pre-application meetings
- Negotiate permit conditions with local, state, and/or federal regulatory agencies
We also have specialists who stay current with the ever-changing world of environmental regulations for air quality, water quality, hazardous waste, and storage tanks.
The regulatory compliance and land acquisition services staff work regularly with wetland, shoreline, and other critical areas. Our specialists are well versed in the State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA), the Shoreline Management Act, the Growth Management Act, and other relevant regulations.