Flow monitoring program
The Wastewater Treatment Division Flow Monitoring program routinely maintains and collects data from 80-120 portable flow meters throughout the King County conveyance system.
Flow monitoring data allows the Wastewater Treatment Division to:
- Determine and analyze infiltration and inflow trends
- Calculate combined sewer overflow volume (used for NPDES permit reporting)
- Manage the wastewater system flows during peak wet weather and emergency storm events
- Analyze and evaluate problems within WTD’s conveyance system
- Plan and prioritize inspections, repairs, upgrades, and new projects
Additionally, the 2009-2011 Decennial Flow Monitoring (DFM) Project gathered data for long-term construction and conveyance system planning.