WaterWorks Grant Program
Sound investments in clean water and community
WaterWorks is now accepting letters of intent (LOIs), the first step in the application process, from January 4 – March 6, 2019. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions and project ideas
An extra workshop was added on February 20, see details here.Apply Now
WaterWorks provides funding for projects that improve water quality in the service area for King County's regional wastewater system. This grant program complements the water quality mission of the Wastewater Treatment Division.
In addition to the WaterWorks competitive grants, water quality project funding is available through King County Council allocated funding.
Approximately $2 million are awarded every two years for organizations carrying out a variety of projects. Non-profits, schools and educational institutions, cities, counties, tribes, and special purpose districts are eligible to apply, and partnerships are encouraged.
Use the links below to learn more about the following:
- Important dates, steps in the application process, and deadlines
- What types of activities are eligible, who can apply, and where projects can take place
- Funded projects grants that were awarded from previous cycles
- Application to get started or view application materials
- WaterWorks Background for information on the history and purpose of the grant program
- Frequently Asked Questions
Blog: Clean water stories
Investing in water quality, one community at a time, June 22, 2018
A celebration for the past and the future, April 13, 2017
Partnerships and Persistence Pay Off at a Salmon “Rest Stop”, February 6, 2017
Helping Communities Celebrate the Rain, December 17, 2016