Weed identification help
King County Noxious Weed Control Program
Do you need help identifying a weed? Are you concerned about that mystery plant growing in your pasture? Or wonder if that new flower taking over your backyard or pond is a noxious weed?
We offer several ways to help you identify plants:
- Browse our weed photo index to see if your weed is there (Note: our website mainly covers weeds on the Washington State Noxious Weed List and may not include all common weeds or weeds located outside of Washington State).
- Send quality digital pictures by email (Please note: if you are located outside of Washington State, we may not be able to identify your plant, and you may want to contact a local expert).
- If you are located in King County, Washington, you can also mail us a plant (in a sealed plastic bag with a DRY paper towel, including information to contact you) or drop it off at our office during the work week.
- Call us at 206-477-WEED to set up a site visit
- Report a weed site via the Web, use our infestation report form
King County Noxious Weed Program
201 S. Jackson St., Suite 600
Seattle WA 98104
- Agriculture in King County, Washington
- Northwest yard and garden
- Animals, plants and habitat
- Northwest native plant guide