Syrian bean-caper identification and control
This Class A noxious weed has a very limited distribution in Washington State. The only known field sites are in several counties from eastern Washington. Control of this weed is required throughout Washington State. For more information about noxious weed regulations and definitions, see Noxious weed lists and laws.
Additional information on Syrian bean-caper
- Washington State Noxious Weed Control Board (external link)
- University of Washington Burke Museum for photos and distribution of Syrian bean-caper in Washington State
- Oregon Department of Agriculture
What to do if you find this plant in King County, Washington
Please notify us if you see Syrian bean-caper growing in King County. Our program staff can provide the property owner or appropriate public agency with site-specific advice on how best to remove it. Also, because Syrian bean-caper is not established in King County, we have an opportunity to stop it from spreading if we act quickly. We map all known locations of regulated noxious weeds such as Syrian bean-caper in order to help us and others locate new infestations in time to control them.
Report syrian bean-caper in King County, Washington
- Please notify us through our online infestation form
Locate syrian bean-caper in King County, Washington
- Use our interactive noxious weed map and search for syrian bean-caper