Master Plan Update
An airport master plan is a comprehensive study of an airport that describes its short, medium, and long-term sustainable development goals, alternatives, and plans. Master plans are required by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to establish the regulatory framework for our future development, both airside and landside. Find the current Master Plan here.
Master Plan Update Summary and Request for Feedback (translations below)
Process and timeline
The master plan update process centers around a series of technical working papers on the following subjects:
- Inventory and forecasts Complete
- Capacity analysis and facility requirements Complete
- Alternatives In progress - 90% complete
- Environmental documentation In progress - 90% complete
- Financial improvement plan In progress - 90% complete
- Draft airport layout plan In progress - 90% complete
We have extended the deadline for feedback on the Airport Master Plan to December 15, 2020. We appreciate hearing from our community anytime.
- Email us
- Call us: 206-296-7380, and/or
- Send a letter: King County Airport 7277 Perimeter Rd. S. Seattle, WA 98108-3844
View a PDF of the PowerPoint show from our October 28 virtual open house.
Watch a video of one of the open houses.
We appreciate all your feedback and are incorporating relevant comments into the Master Plan. Read the comments, questions and answers from the open houses:
Watch videos to learn more about the master plan
Check out videos about the master plan, including project phasing and an environmental project overview.
Review draft technical working papers
- Draft Executive Summary
- Draft Table of Contents
- Draft Chapter A Inventory
- Draft Chapter B Forecasts
- Draft Chapter C Capacity & Facility Requirements
- Draft Chapter D Alternatives Development and Evaluation
- Draft Chapter E Environmental Overview
- Draft Chapter F Airport Plans
- Draft Chapter G Financial Implementation Plan
- Draft Appendix 0 Recycling Plan
- Draft Appendix 1
- Draft Appendix 2
- Draft Appendix 3
- Draft Appendix 4
- Draft Appendix 5
- Draft Appendix 6
- Airport Layout Plan working draft
Read other documents
- Airport Working Group Charter
- Master Plan Update - Meeting 1 Summary
- Master Plan Update - Meeting 2 Summary
- Master Plan Update - Meeting 3 Summary
- Master Plan Update - Meeting 4 Summary
- Display boards from September 2016 open house
- Display boards from June 2019 open house
- Meeting notes from June 2019 open house
Stay informed: Stakeholder input and working group
Stakeholder input is an important part of the planning process. KCIA convened a master plan update airport working group that represents diverse interests to help guide the current update. To receive email notifications about future meetings, email us at KCIACommunityOutreach@kingcounty.gov.