Reports & Resources
Please note, if you are using Internet Explorer, you may need to download the pdf files provided in the links below in order to view them properly. You may do so by right-clicking on a link below and selecting "save target as" to save the file to your computer for viewing.
- Use of Force Complaint Processing in the King County Sheriff's Office
Use of Force Complaint Processing in the King County Sheriff's Office
Appendix 1 – Literature Review
Appendix 2 – P-FAS Summary
Appendix 3 – Recommendations
- Internal Investigations Complaint Classification Review of the King County Sheriff’s Office
King County Sheriff’s Office Complaint Classification Process Review
- Transparency and Media Relations in High-Profile Police Cases
Brechner Center Issue Brief
- Deborah Jacobs input to Inquest Process Review Committee
- Crisis Intervention Team Training and Policy Recommendations
- Civilian Oversight Entities and Law Enforcement Union Collective Bargaining Agreements: Comparison of King County and other Relevant Jurisdictions
This report by the OIR Group examines how the current collective bargaining agreement (CBA) of the King County Police Officers Guild limits independent police oversight as compared to 20 other CBAs from comparable jurisdictions.
- Review of the King County Sheriff's Office requirement to conduct IIU Investigations within 180 Days
This report focuses on the number of IIU Investigations that were not processed within the required 180 days and identifies possible causes and recommendations to decrease the number of lapses.
- Review of Officer Involved Shooting of Dustin Theoharis
This report focuses on the tactics and decisions of King County Sheriff’s Office members involved in the incident, the investigations by KCSO that followed, and the assessment as a result of these investigation
OLEO Memo | PARC Report
- Law Enforcement Oversight: Limited Independence, Authority & Access to Information Impede Effectiveness
King County Auditor's Report
- Managing the Risk of Misconduct for the King County Sheriff’s Office
This report focuses on the King County Sheriff’s Office’s internal oversight of investigations of use of force and employee misconduct.
OLEO Memo | PARC Report
- The King County Sheriff's Office: Policies and Procedures for Internal Affairs Investigations
This report reviews the King County Sheriff's Office, the Internal Investigations Unit, and the Office of Law Enforcement Oversight to analyze current internal investigations operations and practices.
Hillard Heintze Report
- 2018 Annual Report, Cases OLEO Declined to Certify, Corrective Actions and Other Outcomes for Sustained Allegations
- 2017 Annual Report, Supplemental: IIU Investigations in Which OLEO Requested Further Information
- 2016 Annual Report, OLEO Supplemental to 2016 AR
- 2015 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2011 Annual Report