SharePoint access for non-King County employees
- I may access the site for King County-related work only and agree to inform the site administrator when work responsibility changes and I no longer need access to accomplish my assigned work.
- My account login and password are for my use only and may not be shared.
- While unlikely, content on the site may be lost from various causes such as user errors, system errors, billing errors, malicious intrusion or other causes. I will not hold King County or other organizations that use the site liable for any loss.
- I am responsible to make backup copies of any content on the site that I need to keep for my records.
- Any content on King County SharePoint sites are subject to Washington State disclosure laws.
- I may post opinions, facts, files and other content on the site in online discussions and surveys, and accept the rules governing this use to keep it collegial and productive:
- I will refrain from posting any material to a King County SharePoint site that may be considered inflammatory, hurtful, vulgar, rude, or obscene.
- To help ensure that information, opinions and points are clearly understood and referenced in online discussions, I agree to post descriptive, specific, and succinct communications that focus on the topic of the discussion thread.
Access to King County SharePoint sites is restricted to King County partners, contractors, granting agencies, and others involved in official work for King County.
Who administers SharePoint?
External partners work with King County site owners as their point of contact to answer questions and resolve problems.
Microsoft administers the cloud environment and services such as data backup and restoration. King County staff administer the Sharepoint software by configuring accounts and permissions, maintaining collections and sites, and adding features.
Depending on assigned permissions, site users may modify content on the site; for example, editing shared documents, adding and deleting documents, posting messages, maintaining lists, responding to surveys, etc or may have read-only access.