skip to main content

Public Health - Seattle & King County

Welcome to Environmental Health's online services portal

User name (your email address)   Password  ....Forgot password?

First time users register here First time users register here
If you have multiple permits, you only need to register once.

First time users register here Ownership changes for food businesses
Link to form only. Change of ownership can't be submitted on the online portal.

Services currently available on the portal

  • Renew annual operating permits (restaurants, pet businesses, pools, etc.) Pay and print multiple permits at once.
  • Plumbing permits, gas piping permits, backflow assembly permits
  • Temporary food event and Farmers Market permits
  • Make a complaint on an environmental condition
  • Request a refund
  • Solid waste permits cannot be renewed online at this time.

Services available without logging into the portal

  • Check complaint status: View current status of illegal dumping and rodent complaints.
  • View permit status for plumbing, gas piping, backflow, pet businesses, pools and spas on the permit status page. You can also view plan review status for food establishments. For businesses with pools and spas, you can view your pool data form and submit updates to your pool drain cover information.

Buying permits online:
We accept payments using e-Checks, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express.

Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and VISA and e-Checks

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I change my mailing address online?
No. Please submit a comment and we will change it for you.

Can I pay with two different credit cards?
No. You cannot split the payment for a permit. But if you have more than one permit, you can use different payment methods for each by paying for them individually.

I paid for permits with a credit card and the web portal is showing it as not paid and I cannot print out the permits, what do I do?
Please let us know by submitting a comment if you are having trouble with a transaction. There may be a problem and the only way we know something wrong is if you let us know.

Permit entered is stuck at payment stage. Won't let me pay it because it says it's paid.
Please let us know by submitting a comment if you are having trouble with a transaction. There may be a problem and the only way we know something wrong is if you let us know.

Won't let me print it because it says it's unpaid.
Please let us know by submitting a comment if you are having trouble with a transaction. There may be a problem and the only way we know something wrong is if you let us know.

I need a copy of a permit, how do I get one?
Log in the portal and click on the printer icon.

Not all my permits are linked what can I do?
You can submit a comment with the additional PR#'s and we will link additional PR#s to your portal account. Then you can renew and print all your permits all together or one-at-a-time, as you choose.

Last year I registered my businesses under a separate email accounts and paid separately. Can I renew all at once?
Submit a comment and let us know which email account you want to use and all the PR#s to link it to.

I never received notification with a user name and password. What do I need to do?
For certified professionals, it can take up to 3 business days to receive notification. For all other registrations you should receive something immediately, if you do not, check your spam folder. If you still do not see anything you can call 206-263-9566 or 206-296-9791 and let us know, also provide us with the error message.

I am having problems registering. Received an error saying it is already registered to someone else?
You may have already registered, people sometimes forget. Just in case, check by clicking on "Forgot Password?" and submitting the form with your email address. Otherwise, the situation may have to be resolved by Public Health staff. Please submit a comment.

I own a restaurant and need a temporary event; do I register as under the business or temp event?
Register as a permitted facility under your restaurant.

I selected "forget password" but I never received anything. What can I do?
Submit a comment and Public Health staff will look into for you.

Can I pay for my mobile or caterer permit online?
Yes, mobile food and caterers can now pay their permits online.

If I have multiple permits do I need to register each permit?
No, you only need to register once.

How can I request a refund?
To request a refund, login to your account, find "Refund Request" on the left-hand side of the screen, and complete the form. Please be aware that there is a $25 refund processing fee. If you cannot log into your account, you can submit a comment and Public health staff will complete the refund.

For temporary event applications, application must be withdrawn at least 14 days prior to the event, or before the permit is issued, in order to be eligible for a refund.

The person whose email was associated with our portal account left our company. How can I access our account?
We can associate multiple emails with an account. Please contact us.

Non-Sufficient Funds
A $35 fee will be charged by Public Health for Non-Sufficient Funds (a returned check). If a returned check or outstanding invoice remains unpaid, your portal account will either be put on hold or inactivated.

I am having trouble logging on.
Usernames are case-sensitive. If you are using an iPad or iPhone, the first letter is often capitalized.
How do I add or remove users, or change the primary contact for an account?

If you are the primary user on the account, you can add or remove contacts, and choose who (which email address) should be the primary contact for the account. Login and click on Manage Users on the left side of the screen.

  • Add a contact: click Add Additional Contact at the top left.
  • Delete a contact (i.e., if contact is no longer an employee): click Delete Contact to the left of the contact you want to delete.
  • Change the primary contact: Click on the radio button to the far right of the contact you want to be primary, under the column named Is Primary Contact.