Tools and Resources
The Equity Team has developed a variety of tools and resources to help departments and agencies increase equity and social justice work, both in our community and within the services King County Government provides.
The Equity Impact Review (EIR) tool is a process and a tool to identify, evaluate, and communicate the potential impact - both positive and negative - of a policy or program on equity. Review the EIR process and view examples of using the EIR tool.
The Community Engagement Guide promotes effective engagement and customer service with all county communities. Engagement activities include a range of approaches from informing residents to community-led efforts. Community engagement should offer opportunities for people to express their views and have a meaningful role in decision-making. Read the guide or view the Community Engagement Worksheet
Learn about translation and interpretation tools and resources for King County employees to make sure our increasingly diverse population is receiving culturally-appropriate and accessible information.
Employee Resource/Affinity Group Policy
King County's Executive branch has adopted a policy for employees to participate in Employee Resource Groups during their work time. Read the policy, watch our video, and other resources to learn how to start or join an existing group.
- ERG Affinity Groups Policy
- ERG Affinity Groups Talking Points
- ERG Affinity Groups - FAQs
- ERG Affinity Groups List
- ERG Affinity Group Participation Form
- ERG Affinity Group Application
- ERG Charter Template
- ERG Affinity Group Flyer
Implicit Bias Toolkit
This toolkit has been developed for groups to work together on overcoming implicit biases and ending racism within our lifetime.
- Watch Rachel Godsil’s presentation
- Facilitate a workgroup discussion on implicit bias, racial anxiety and stereotype threat
- What is the Implicit Association Test (IAT)?
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Implicit Association Test
- Take an IAT to gauge your unconscious attitudes (remember, this is strictly an educational tool)
- In-depth training: Reducing Bias (Patricia Devine) (forthcoming 2015)
- Join the campaign to end racism Within Our Lifetime
Follow us on Twitter @MatiasKCequity