King County Metro customers are reminded that some buses will operate on reduced weekday schedules on several holiday periods in the coming months through January, including Veterans Day on Friday, Nov. 10. The King County Water Taxi also has service changes on upcoming holidays.
King County Metro will operate on a reduced weekday schedule on some routes on Veterans Day, Nov. 10. Reduced weekday service offers more service than on weekends, but somewhat less service than on normal weekdays. Details are posted on Metro’s holiday and reduced service page.
Metro reminds riders that some buses will operate on reduced weekday schedules on several holiday periods in the coming months through January. The King County Water Taxi also has service revisions on upcoming holidays.
Metro offices, including the Customer Information phone line at (206) 553-3000 and Lost and Found and Pass Sales counters, will be closed Nov. 10, and will reopen Monday, Nov. 13.
Upcoming schedule revisions for Metro Transit
- Friday, Nov. 10, Veterans Day: Reduced weekday and UW reduced service
- Thursday, Nov. 23, Thanksgiving holiday, Sunday schedules in effect
- Friday, Nov. 24, day after Thanksgiving: Reduced weekday and UW reduced service
- Monday, Dec. 18, through Friday, Dec. 22: Regular weekday service with UW reductions (UW not in session)
- Monday, Dec. 25, Christmas holiday: Sunday schedules in effect
- Tuesday, Dec. 26, through Friday, Dec. 29: reduced weekday and UW service (UW not in session)
- Monday, Jan. 1, 2017, New Year’s Day: Sunday schedules in effect
- Monday, Jan. 15, 2017, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday: reduced weekday and reduced UW schedule
- Monday, Feb. 19, 2017, President’s Day holiday: reduced weekday schedules and reduced UW schedules
On days with reduced weekday schedules, some commuter and school-oriented routes do not operate, and other routes have individual trips canceled. Also, Metro makes some adjustments to routes that serve the University of Washington. When the UW is not in session, there will be some bus trip reductions.
Many routes will have no changes. With funding provided by the Seattle Transportation Benefit District, regular bus service is provided on about three dozen routes within the City of Seattle that were previously reduced during holiday periods. If the route is not listed below, it has no changes when reduced weekday service is in effect.
- Routes canceled during a “reduced weekday schedule”: 201, 237, 304, 308, 316, 330, 355, 930
- Routes with fewer trips during reduced weekday schedule operation (Identified in customer timetables with an "H"): 101, 102, 111, 114, 120, 121, 122, 123, 125, 143, 157, 167, 168, 169, 177, 179, 180, 186, 187, 190, 192, 212, 214, 218, 219, 232, 243, 244, 249, 252, 255, 269, 303, 311, 312, 342, 907, 931
- Routes with designated trips canceled when the UW is not in session (Identified in timetables): 31, 32, 73, 75, 167, 197, 271, 277, 331, 372, 373
Visit Metro Online for more transit information, or call the Customer Information Office at 206-553-3000.
King County Water Taxi
The Vashon and West Seattle routes of the King County Water Taxi do not operate on Friday, Nov. 10 (Veterans Day), Thursday, Nov. 23 (Thanksgiving) or Nov. 24, Dec. 25 (Christmas Day) or Jan. 1 (New Year’s Day). For information about King County Water Taxi service – and DART Shuttle routes 773 and 775 – during the holidays, visit www.kingcounty.gov/watertaxi.