Starting Thursday, October 1, all Access rides - whether by van or taxi - will cost $1.75. You can pay by cash, the Transit GO Ticket app, or your monthly ORCA pass.
Starting Monday, May 18 until further notice, passengers are required to wear masks or face coverings while riding Access.
Access is maintaining its traditional service area, hours, and days of service, and may be an option for fixed-route riders with disabilities who are not currently certified for Access service. Customers with disabilities who are no longer able to reach their essential destinations using fixed-route service can contact the Access Transportation Call Center at 206-205-5000 for assistance with both emergent and ongoing essential transportation needs.
- Customers with disabilities who have emergent transportation needs do not need to be currently certified for Access service.
- Those with an ongoing need for transportation will need to apply for Access service through our temporarily streamlined eligibility process.
Access takes you anywhere a Metro bus, Seattle streetcar or Sound Transit light rail goes at that time and on that day of the week. Access customers go grocery shopping, to work and school, to get their hair cut, to check in with their doctor, meet up with friends, or to enjoy a local park. You must be found eligible for the ADA Paratransit Program before you can request rides on Access.
Guidance for Access passengers
Here’s how to safely and efficiently use Access:
Wear a mask
Stay home when sick
Maintain physical distance
Avoid closed areas
Sign up for Transit Alerts
Pay with Transit GO Ticket
Staying home when sick, planning ahead, adding extra time, always wearing a mask, and maintaining six feet of distance from others will keep all of us moving forward together. Please use the Transit GO Ticket app, rather than bills or coins, for an easier and safer way to pay.
First time users of Access Trip Manager will need to enroll as follows:
- Go to Access Trip Manager
- The default language is English. If you desire Spanish/Español, press “English” in the Sign in/Enrollment box and you will have the option of changing the site language to “Español”.
- Press “Enrollment” under the “SIGN IN” bar.
- In the Enrollment box, enter your Access Client ID, email address and birthdate, then press “Enroll”.
- Follow the prompts.
- You will receive an email with instructions to complete the online registration process. Click on the link and create your password. Check your ‘Spam’ or ‘Junk Mail’ folder if you do not receive an email within 10-15 minutes.
Access customers can book trips online using Access Trip Manager.
First time user? Enroll now
- Go to Access Trip Manager and use your Access Client ID or email address, along with the password to log in.
- Select “Book Trip”
- If you are rebooking a previously scheduled trip and destination, click on “Select a Recent Booking” under “Book Again” and choose the trip you want to rebook, then go to Step 5.
- If you are booking a new trip and destination, click on “Pickup Address” under “Pickup Details” and add your starting point.
- Under “Dropoff Details,” enter the dropoff address and telephone number (the address should already be in your Access Client File).
- Check “Recurring Booking” if the trip is recurring. (it takes 24-hours for a recurring trip request to be approved by Access).
- Select date, and choose a pickup or dropoff time.
- Add additional passengers (family member, caretaker, etc.) accompanying you on the trip, if necessary.
- Press “Book Trip” at the bottom of the screen to book your trip.
- You will get a confirmation page. If the information is correct, press “Confirm Booking” after reviewing your trip details. If the information is not correct, press “Modify Booking” and revise your information.
- When you confirm the information is correct, a dialog box will appear allowing you to book your return trip or book another trip.
Reservations can be requested 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
- To request a reservation, call the Access Transportation Rideline 206-205-5000 (WA Relay: 711) .
- Outside the Seattle metro area 1-866-205-5001 (WA Relay: 1-800-833-6384).
- You can request rides from one to seven days before the day you need to travel.
- Requests for inter-county travel must be received by 3:00 PM.
Trips can be cancelled, by telephone or using the online Access Trip Manager, up to two hours before your pick-up window begins. No penalties. No questions.
- You can call us 24/7 to cancel. 206-205-5000 (WA Relay: 711).
- Or, sign-in to Access Trip Manager and cancel your trip online.
When you can't cancel
Penalty points will be assigned. Calling us less than two hours before your window opens is considered late. After your pick-up window opens, a full point will be recorded. Still let us know if you can. Especially if you have other trips scheduled that day. But for those times when you can't—less than three points a month and you won't be penalized.
|*Cancellation or not boarding Access when the vehicle is at the correct location|
|0 points||Early cancel||More than two hours before the start of 30 minute pick-up window|
|½ point||Late cancel||Less than two hours before the start of 30 minute pick-up window|
|1 point||No-show||Within the 30 minute pick-up window*|
Sometimes it's our fault
No penalty points will be recorded if it was our fault that you had to cancel your trip late or did not board the vehicle.
Review for suspension
If we have recorded three penalty points for you in a month, we are going to take a look at your trips.
We will look at each incident where points were assigned and make sure we have taken out any incidents where circumstances were outside your control. Then we will take the number of incidents and divide by the total number of scheduled rides. If it is 15 percent or higher, we will send you a proposed suspension letter.
Ride the bus for less
|Access Fare (Adult or Youth)||$1.75||$63.00|
|Personal Care Attendant||Free||Free|
Pay your fare with:
- Metro ticket worth $1.75 or more
- Metro Transit GO Ticket worth $1.75 or more - Sign up now!
- Monthly Access pass*
- Monthly PugetPass worth $1.75 or more*
- Monthly PugetPass on an ORCA Regional Reduced Fare Permit + 75¢ in cash*
A monthly Access pass on your ORCA card is also accepted as full fare on:
- Metro buses
- Seattle Streetcars
- All Sound Transit services - Express Bus, Link & Sounder
- King County Water Taxis
Be prepared for fare inspections
Failure to pay may result in a citation and fine, RCW 35.58.580.
Access Customer Service is open 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily to assist you with your to concerns about Access service.
Contact Customer Service:
- By using our online comment form
- By phone at 206-205-5000 (WA Relay: 711)
201 S Jackson St
Seattle, WA 98104
Would you like to know when your van is close? Access has options to help!
Advanced Call & Text
Access can give you a call or send you a text message before the van arrives to pick you up.
This service needs to be set up ahead of time with Access Customer Service.
- Call Access Customer Service at 206-205-5000 (WA Relay: 711); or
- Fill out an Online Activation Request
Access can provide you real time trip information through our automated system.
- Call Access at 206-205-5000 (WA Relay: 711). At the main menu press 1 and follow the prompts.
Use Access ETA to get your estimated:
- Pick-up time - beginning 15 minutes before your pick-up window begins.
- Drop-off time - after you've boarded the Access vehicle.
Access dispatchers can provide you with detailed trip information.
Call Access at 206-205-5000 (WA Relay: 711). At the main menu press 3 to speak with a dispatcher.
All times provided to customers are estimates and subject to change based on traffic conditions and other factors.
|New Year's Day||January 1, 2021||Sunday
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||January 18, 2021||Weekday|
|Presidents' Day||February 15, 2021||Weekday|
|Memorial Day||May 31, 2021||Sunday
|Independence Day (Observed)||July 5, 2021||Sunday
|Labor Day||September 7, 2021||Sunday
|Veterans Day||November 11, 2021||Weekday|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 25, 2021||Sunday
|Day after Thanksgiving||November 26, 2021||Weekday
|Christmas Day (Observed)||December 24, 2021||Sunday
- Except for dialysis and life-sustaining medical trips, all Subscription Service is cancelled as noted.
- To schedule a ride for a holiday, contact the Access call center 1 to 7 days before you need to travel.
- Other local transit agencies may not adhere to the same holiday schedule as Metro.
- Visit other transit agencies' websites for their holiday information.
Service animals for persons with disabilities ride for free.
Service animals must remain on the floor without blocking the aisle or on their owner's lap. If this is not an option, the service animal may occupy a seat provided one is available.
If the service animal's behavior threatens the safety of the driver or other passengers the customer and their service animal may be asked to leave the bus.
The transit operator, at his or her discretion, may not allow you to board with your pet if there is a concern for the safety or comfort of your fellow passengers.
Dogs and other pets
Dogs may ride at the discretion of the operator under these guidelines:
- Drivers may refuse to transport a person and their dog if they already have another dog onboard.
- Drivers may refuse to transport a dog if it is creating a hazard or disturbance.
- Drivers may request the removal of a dog from the coach if it creates a hazard or disturbance.
- All dogs that are not service animals must be on leash.
- Dogs are not allowed to occupy seats; they must remain either on the floor or sit on their owners lap.
- Small dogs who remain on their owner's lap ride for free. All other dogs pay the base fare (or reduced fare) paid by the customer accompanying the dog. No zone fare is charged and transfers are to be issued upon request.
Animals other than dogs are not allowed on the coach unless they are in a container or carrier. Fare is not required.
When snow or ice is predicted, find out how Access may be affected:
- Check for service advisories
- Call us: 206-205-5000 (WA Relay: 711
- Listen to local news announcements
If Access service is suspended:
- Vehicles may still be available for emergency services
- Access will make every effort to provide service to customers when notified of an essential trip
- Staff will make the final decision about whether a trip can be provided safely
The following enhancements to Access Transportation service are available to persons registered for our ADA Paratransit Program:
- With Access Trip Manager customers can manage their trip reservations 24 hours a day*, seven days a week online, including trip booking, changes, or cancellations.
- Reservations available up to seven days before your trip.
- Subscription service for persons going to or from the same locations at the same times at least once a week.
- Vehicle arrival notifications via automated phone call or text message.
- Expanded service area available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Expanded Rural Service extends service to several rural areas of King County. Eligible riders can travel throughout the rural areas on weekdays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- 'Hand-to-Hand' service for persons who are unable to be left alone is available on a limited basis.
*Next day trips must still be booked no later than 5pm.