Commuting by bus, train, light rail, street car or water taxi
What employers can do to help employees commute by transit:
- Help employees get information on transit routes and schedules by promoting and using the Online Trip Planner.
- Offer employees some flexibility in start and quit times so they may access their best transit routes.
- Provide the convenience of ordering transit passes for employees.
- Reduce the cost of a transit pass for employees:
- Help employees make the connection between the rail station and work (or home) by providing a VanShare.
- Help employees get up-to-the minute transit information by promoting Metro's email alert system.
- Provide a Guaranteed Ride Home program for transit users.
- Provide on-site amenities such as lunch room facilities and postal services.
- Where there is a charge for parking, allow bus commuters to drive and park for free one or two days each month for personal appointments.
Just want to buy transit passes for your employees?
Click here to learn to find out what Employer Pass Program is right for you!
- Other transit agencies
- Park & Ride Lots
- Other helpful links