Commuting by bike
What employers can do to support commuting by bicycle:
- Help employees find a safe route by providing bike maps (See links at right)
- Join the Seattle Bike Friendly Business Network to demonstrate support for employees that bike, receive discounts and free 1 year Cascade Bicycle Club memberships for your whole team.
- Remind employees that they can bike part way and then load their bikes on buses, King County Water Taxi, Link light rail or Sounder commuter rail
- Schedule a bike commute presentation for employees through the Washington Bikes or Cascade Bicycle Club.
- Provide dry and secure parking for bicyles.
- Install bike racks and/or lockers at your worksite.
- Provide access to showers and clothes lockers for your bicycle commuters.
- Link employees up with a bike buddy either internally, by using Washington Bikes program or via RideshareOnline.com.
- Provide shared tools, such as a tire pump or tire patch kit.
- Offer up a tax free incentive of up to $20 per month to bike commuting employees.
- Promote Bike Month in May and enter a company team in the Group Health Commute Challenge.
- Hire a mobile bike mechanic to visit your office for basic repairs and maintenance.
- Create company-branded jerseys to create highly visible “mobile billboards” that advertise your company’s commitment to health and sustainability.