Welcome to King County's Commute Trip Reduction (CTR) Services website!
This website is intended as a resource for Employee Transportation Coordinators (ETCs) at CTR-affected companies throughout King County. ETCs are critical in the fight against traffic congestion and climate change by helping their employees make smart - and green - commutes.
Inside our website you'll find:
- all of the information you need to understand your requirements under the CTR Law,
- tools and resources for developing and marketing your employee commute program,
- examples of great commuter programs,
- information on tax breaks and partnership opportunities available to your company,
- information on how a commuter program can contribute to LEED (green building) certification,
In 2007, as a result of the efforts of ETCs in developing and implementing CTR programs at their companies, CTR commuters state-wide reduced over 85,000 tons of greenhouse gas emissions (CO2 equivalent). Click here to view more CTR facts (2.23MB.PPT). Thank you for making a difference!
CTR Services contracts with cities in King County to assist in the implementation and enforcement of their CTR ordinances and to provide direct service to employers affected by the CTR Law.
Commute Trip Reduction
The intent of the CTR law is to reduce traffic congestion, air pollution, and energy use. It requires major employers to implement programs to reduce the number of employees who drive alone to work.
CTR Board broadens the focus from commute trips to ALL trips
Have more than 100 full-time employees?
You may be affected by the CTR law. Find out more here!