Report to Sheriff
Welcome to the King County Sheriff's Office Online Reporting System. You will be able to report your incident without waiting and be able to print a copy of the approved report.
To utilize this online reporting system, each of the following statements must be true:
- This is not an emergency
- This is not an in-progress crime
- This incident occurred either within unincorporated King County or within city limits of one of our contract cities listed at the bottom of this page
- There are no known suspects
- There was no evidence left behind
- This did not occur on a state freeway
- This did not occur on Sound Transit or a Metro bus, or at a Park & Ride
- You are the victim of the crime
- You have a valid e-mail address
If all of the above are true, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing your report.
If any of the above is false, please look at our Frequently Asked Questions section, or dial our non-emergency line at 206-296-3311 so we can help you with your report.
While filling out an online report, information requests with a red asterisk * are mandatory. You must have a valid e-mail address to report this crime online; Narcotics Activity Reports are the only exception. For all other incident types the e-mail address that you provide is where replies and report copies will be sent.
Upon completion of this process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted."
- Be given a temporary case report number.
- Once the report is approved, you will receive an e-mail within five days providing you with a permanent case number. A copy of your report will be attached to the e-mail.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All reports filed online will be reviewed.
- If your report does not meet the online reporting criteria you will be notified.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
A list of incident types available for online reporting follows; look at our example list of theft report types. If you are adding additional information to a report you have already submitted via phone, online, or directly to an officer, select the original report type you used and click on "Supplemental." If you reported a burglary with an officer at the incident location, select "Burglary follow up" to add information using this online reporting system.
Tips and examples for which type of report to file can be found here.
By clicking the "START REPORT BY CLICKING HERE" button you certify that you understand filing a false report is a crime.
Links below will open up new browser windows. Those links in BOLD will take you to a page specific to that topic.