The TAC 30 Unit (SWAT) is a team that is trained in the use of special weapons, equipment and tactics necessary to contain, control and arrest suspects or individuals under circumstances that standard patrol deputies are ill-equipped to resolve without extreme personal hazards.
The TAC 30 Unit may be called to the following situations:
- Counter-sniper activity
- To protect police officers, firefighters and the general public during unusually dangerous situations.
- Citizen and hostage rescue
- Provide security for diplomatic and government officials while visiting King County
- High risk or heightened security prisoner transports
- High risk search warrant and arrest warrant service
- Counter-terrorist operations
- Surveillance details
- Any situation by its apparent nature, which is life threatening and that would be beyond the scope of a normal police response or capability.
- Any response requiring specialized equipment
- Maritime security operations