Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Services
All cats and dogs from the King County Pet Adoption Center are spayed or neutered before adoption.
However, if your pet has not been altered, most veterinary clinics provide spay/neuter services. If you're looking for a lower cost option, consider contacting one of the organizations below.
Why Spay or Neuter?
- Spaying or neutering your pets improves both their health and behavior. They will NOT become lazy or fat; lack of exercise does that.
- It discourages annoying habits like cats spraying and dogs mounting.
- It reduces the urges to roam and fight which means your pet will be less likely to become lost, injured, or hit by a car.
- It saves money on future vet bills. Fewer injuries and accidents mean less vet bills.
- It saves your pet from mammary cancer (females) and prostate and testicular cancer (males).
- It means lower licensing fees.
- It eliminates sexual frustration and the risk of pregnancy and birth (which is greater than the risk of surgery).
- It makes happier, healthier companions.
There's no good reason NOT to spay and neuter your pets! Download our brochure (PDF) for more information.