Skip to main content
Most King County offices will be closed on Monday, May 28, for Memorial Day.  
King County logo

If you are experiencing a life-threatening animal-related emergency, call 9-1-1.

*RASKC provides a 24-hour public safety response to dangerous animals, loose livestock on public roadways, as well as animal injury and abuse. We are dedicated to promoting and protecting the health, safety, and welfare of people and pets in our contract cities and unincorporated King County. We respond to non-emergency calls seven days a week from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Animal Control Officers (ACOs) conduct investigations, enforce state and local laws related to animals, as well as educate the public about animal welfare, restraint, and licensing.

Our ACOs respond to more than 5,000 calls each year in both unincorporated King County and our 24 contract cities, covering nearly 1,100 square miles and a population of just over one million.

*Not sure if RASKC serves your area? Click here to confirm your jurisdiction by entering your address.

In order to submit animal complaint form, please follow the below steps:

Step 1: Verify that RASKC serves your area by clicking here

Step 2: Fill out the animal complaint form either online (this is automatically submitted to our call center) or download the form and send to RASKC by one of the following ways:

  • Email:
  • Mail: Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC), 21615 64th Ave. S, Kent, WA 98032
  • Fax: 206-205-8043
  • or Call: 206-296-7387 (PETS)

Step 3: A call center representative will create a case number for the animal control to investigate.

For questions about healthy or nuisance wildlife, please call or contact the provided website for more information:

People living in urban and suburban areas of King County should expect to live with some level of noise. Even rural areas can be impacted by noise. Traffic, neighborhood children, lawn equipment, and barking dogs are just a few examples. As a resident, you are expected to tolerate most of these noises within reason. However, in the case of excessive noise caused by a pet, there are several things you can do.

  1. Communicate with the pet owner
    Try to talk to the pet owner about the problem. Sometimes owners are not aware of the problem, especially when they are not at home. A neighborly discussion can be helpful. Try to work out a mutually agreeable solution, and allow the pet owner a reasonable amount of time to remedy the situation. Make note of the dates and times of your contacts with the pet owner and responses received.
  2. Send our helpful preventing noise nuisance materials to the owner
    Print out our Preventing Nuisance Barking brochure and Noise Nuisance Letter, and share these materials with the pet owner. They are designed to help pet owners understand the problem and offer some ideas about correcting a noisy pet issue.
  3. Document and submit a Noise Complaint Petition
    If you have tried unsuccessfully to solve the problem by talking to the pet owner, and you have identified other neighbors who are also disturbed by the noise, we can assist you. Download the Noise Complaint Petition Form (zip). Make sure to carefully follow the instructions. Document your experiences thoroughly and honestly, as you may need to testify at an appeal hearing.
    • Please note that you must have the exact address where the nuisance pet lives, a minimum of three complainants, and the form must be signed.
  4. Send your completed Petition using one of the following methods:

    • Email:
    • Mail: Regional Animal Services of King County (RASKC), 21615 64th Ave. S, Kent, WA 98032
    • Fax: 206-205-8043

    RASKC will contact the pet owner to let them know a complaint was filed and that they must take action to correct the problem.

  1. If the noise continues
    Do not stop documenting the noise issues. If the steps above do not resolve the problem, RASKC can take escalating enforcement action. In order to do so, contact us with updated documentation of the continuing problem. We will continue to work on the noise disturbance as long as you and your neighbors continue to document the ongoing problems and submit information to us. As necessary, RASKC officers will be dispatched and may issue additional notices of violation until the problem is resolved.

If you have questions, please call 206-296-7387 (PETS), or email

Q: Does RASKC respond to nuisance wildlife problem?

A: No, RASKC has jurisdiction over domestic animals, such as cats and dogs, and livestock such as horses.

Wildlife falls into the jurisdiction of the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife. This includes deer, raccoons, coyotes, cougars, and bears. Contact the Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife at (425) 775-1311 for wildlife-related issues.

Q: How do I submit complaints about barking dogs or other noisy animals?

A: Please see this page's section on Animal Noise.

Q: How do I make a complaint?

A: Call us at (206) 296-7387 to report animal related complaints. Be sure to have the animal owner address and an animal description prior to making the complaint.

Q: Can I find out who made a complaint against me?

For these types of requests, please visit the public records page on the Records and Licensing Services (RALS) Division website.

Q: Are poultry or livestock allowed in my neighborhood?

A: RASKC does not enforce these codes. Visit the Department of Permitting and Environmental Review for more information. 


Pet Information Line
206-296-7387 (PETS)

TTY Relay 711