Community Service Centers (CSCs)
COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) Closure
The mission of the King County Community Service Center (CSC) Program is to make it easier to do business with King County via sites located throughout the county. Services offered at these locations include marriage licensing, copies of recorded documents, pet licensing, property tax payments, and U.S. passports, except where noted otherwise. Recording is only available at our downtown Seattle location.
Know before you go - make sure you bring everything you need.
Except for downtown Seattle, service at Community Service Centers is suspended for 15 minutes at 10:15 a.m. and 3 p.m., and for one hour at noon for mandated employee breaks. Special events may require other closures and will be posted on this page before they occur.
All Community Service Centers are closed on King County holidays.
- Download and fill out the appropriate copy request form before you arrive. You must have the recording number to make the request.
- Payment (the amount depends on the type of document).
- Note that most documents recorded on or after August 1, 1991 are available online. Documents that were recorded prior to August 1, 1991 are on microfilm and are only available from the King County Archives.
- Copies of maps can only be requested from the Seattle (Downtown) main branch.
- Tax statement from King County Treasury Operations or your parcel number
- Payment (check with photo ID or money order only; NO cash or credit/debit card payments)
- Application (please do not sign it until we tell you to)
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (certified birth certificate, naturalization certificate, or previous passport)
- Current ID with photo and signature
- Passport photo (King County does not provide photo service)
- If under age 16, consent is required from both parents
- Payment (separate application fee and processing fee)
- Application fee, check or money order payable to U.S. Department of State
- Age 16 and over: $110 per book, $30 per card
- Under age 16: $80 per book, $15 per card
- Optional expedite fee: $60