DDES offers low-cost workshop for first-time residential building permit applicants
DDES is offering a low-cost workshop to prospective building permit applicants and property owners who intend to build one or more single family homes or do remodels in unincorporated King County in the coming year. The workshop will be held on March 26, 2009 from 9 a.m. until noon at the Master Builders facility in Bellevue, 335 - 116th Ave. S.E. (Driving directions are available on the DDES Web site at www.kingcounty.gov/permits.)
The purpose of the workshop is to examine the various permit application review stations involved with single family construction. The workshop will also explain technical requirements, as well as project management strategies for smooth completion of the permit application review process.
"DDES is committed to a predictable permit process. This workshop is just one of many services we offer to permit customers to help them properly prepare permit applications," DDES Director Stephanie Warden said. "Submitting complete and accurate applications saves customers time and money, and allows DDES to work most efficiently in reviewing permit applications."
This workshop provides an opportunity to:
- learn about the residential permit process in novice terms.
- learn about the various review stations within the King County process for residential permit application review.
- learn how to organize your proposed project and application materials in a way that takes you through the permit application review phase quickly and efficiently.
- DDES customer service tools
- DDES review stations and criteria
- Critical areas and their relationship to building proposals
- Health Department review processes
- The building inspections process
- Green building program incentives.
Registration process: Registration is required, since space is limited. Individuals may register online via the DDES Web site at www.kingcounty.gov/permits. Look under "Features". Registration will close when we reach capacity, so early registration is encouraged. The cost of the workshop is $20. Customers may pay at the door, or mail payment no later than one week prior to the event to:
Cathy Ortiz, Confidential Secretary
DDES Director's Office
900 Oakesdale Ave. SW
Renton, WA 98057
For more information or questions about this workshop, contact Paula Adams, DDES Public Information and Records Officer, at 206-296-6682 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.