What is the purpose of subdivision permits?
A Preliminary Plat Application establishes conditions to subdivide land into 2 or more legal building lots, consistent with adopted regulations.
A Preliminary Short Plat Application establishes conditions to subdivide land into 2 to 4 (rural) or 9 (urban) legal building lots.
How much will it cost?
See the Permitting Department's current fee schedule for an estimate.
Where can I get an application?
- Refer to the following packets for application materials:
- Request an application packet by mail by calling the Permitting Department customer service at 206-296-6600 or
- Pick up an application packet at the Permitting Department in Snoqualmie (see map and directions).
How do I submit my application?
See information on pre-applications as a pre-application meeting is mandatory prior to filing an application for a preliminary plat or short plat. For more information, refer to the individual application forms in the packets above and to Applying for a Permit at the Permitting Department.
What is the timeline for processing a subdivision permit?
Short Plat - decision type 2: 120 days.
Plat - decision type 3 recommendation: 150 days.
Notes / Comments
For more information:
- Type 1-4 Applicant Designation and Notification Requirements
- Bulletin #25: Short Subdivisions*
- Bulletin #40: Financial Guarantees*
- King County Road Standards
- Surface Water Design Manual
Title 19A* and Chapter 20.20* of the King County Code
The Department of Permitting and Environmental Review. For questions, please contact customer service at 206-296-6600.