Skip to main content
King County logo


An Affidavit of Correction allows a professional land surveyor to correct errors and/or omissions of fact on any recorded subdivision, short subdivision, or boundary line adjustment. Must be prepared by licensed Land Surveyor registered in the State of Washington. See also Alteration: Plat alteration to a subdivision. For questions, please contact customer service at 206-296-6600. Administered by the Permitting Department. See legal authority Title 19A* of the King County Code

See the current fee schedule for an estimate.

Where can I get an application?

Download the application forms below, or to have an application mailed to you, call the Permitting Department's customer service at 206-296-6600.

  • Affidavit of Correction of Boundary Line Adjustment, PDF* (115KB) or fill-in MS Word* (118KB) format
  • Affidavit of Correction of Plat, PDF* (114KB) or fill-in MS Word* (118KB) format
  • Affidavit of Correction of Short Plat, PDF* (114KB) or fill-in MS Word* (117KB) format

How do I submit my application?

An Affidavit of Correction may be submitted along with the appropriate deposit to the Permitting Department's cashier by drop-off or mail. For more information, see Drop-offs: Permits accepted by drop-off or mail* as well as Applying for a permit at the Permitting Department.

What is the timeline for processing an Affidavit of Correction?

Varies 3 to 6 weeks depending on workload and resources available.