Skip to main content
King County logo

What is the purpose of a Section 404 of the Clean Water Act permit?

A Section 404 permit is required for the discharge of dredged or fill material into all waters of the United States, including wetlands.

Notes / Comments

For application forms or other information

  • Visit the US Army Corps of Engineers Web site at

  • Contact the Seattle district office located at

    US Army Corps of Engineers, Seattle District
    Federal Center South Building
    4735 E. Marginal Way South,
    Seattle, Washington 98124-3755
    Phone: 206-764-3495
    FAX: 206-764-6602.

Legal authority

Clean Water Act

Administered by

U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Regulatory Branch

Related external links