A ground water protection special district overlay limits land uses that have the potential to severely contaminate groundwater supplies and provides increased areas of permeable surface to allow for infiltration of surface water into ground resources.
- Ground Water Protection SDO
Development Condition Text
21A.38.150 Special district overlay - Ground water protection.
A. The purpose of the ground water protection special district overlay is to limit land uses that have the potential to severely contaminate groundwater supplies and to provide increased areas of permeable surface to allow for infiltration of surface water into ground resources.
B. For all commercial and industrial development proposals, at least 40 percent of the site shall remain in natural vegetation or planted with landscaping, which area shall be used to maintain predevelopment infiltration rates for the entire site. For purposes of this special district overlay, the following shall be considered commercial and industrial land uses:
1. amusement/entertainment land uses as defined by K.C.C. 21A.08.040 except golf facilities;
2. general services land uses as defined by K.C.C. 21A.08.050 except health and educational services, daycare 1, churches, synagogues, and temples;
3. government/business services land uses as defined by K.C.C. 21A.08.060 except government services;
4. retail/wholesale land uses as defined by K.C.C. 21A.08.070 except forest product sales and agricultural product sales;
5. manufacturing land uses as defined by K.C.C. 21A.08.080; and,
6. mineral extraction and processing land uses as defined by K.C.C. 21A.08.090.
C. Permitted uses within the area of the ground water protection special district overlay shall be those permitted in the underlying zone, excluding the following as defined by Standard Industrial Classification number and type:
1. SIC 4581, airports, flying fields, and airport terminal services;
2. SIC 4953, refuse systems, (including landfills and garbage transfer stations operated by a public agency);
3. SIC 4952, sewerage systems (including wastewater treatment facilities); and
4. SIC 7996, amusement parks; SIC 7948, racing, including track operation; or other commercial establishments or enterprises involving large assemblages of people or automobiles except where excluded by section B above;
5. SIC 0752, animal boarding and kennel services;
6. SIC 1721, building painting services;
7. SIC 3260, pottery and related products manufacturing;
8. SIC 3599, machine shop services;
9. SIC 3732, boat building and repairing;
10. SIC 3993, electric and neon sign manufacturing;
11. SIC 4226, automobile storage services;
12. SIC 7334, blueprinting and photocopying services;
13. SIC 7534, tire retreading and repair services;
14. SIC 7542, car washes;
15. SIC 8731, commercial, physical and biological research laboratory services;
16. SIC 02, interim agricultural crop production and livestock quarters or grazing on properties 5 acres or larger in size;
17. SIC 0752, public agency animal control facility;
18. SIC 2230, 2260, textile dyeing;
19. SIC 2269, 2299, textile and textile goods finishing;
20. SIC 2700, printing and publishing industries;
21. SIC 2834, pharmaceuticals manufacturing;
22. SIC 2844, cosmetics, perfumes and toiletries manufacturing;
23. SIC 2893, printing ink manufacturing;
24. SIC 3000, rubber products fabrication;
25. SIC 3111, leather tanning and finishing;
26. SIC 3400, metal products manufacturing and fabrication;
27. SIC 3471, metal electroplating;
28. SIC 3691, 3692, battery rebuilding and manufacturing;
29. SIC 3711, automobile manufacturing; and
30. SIC 4600, petroleum pipeline operations. (Ord. 12823 § 10, 1997).
August 18, 1997
View Map(s) for SO-140. (Click on a map name in the list)
Note: If there are more than one map listed below, there may be a map file ending with a "_x" which provides an index for the remainder of the maps.