Skip to main content
King County logo
  • Check the latest burn ban information. Call 1-800-323-BURN.
  • See the Air Actions Status on the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency Web site.
  • Go to burn bans and news releases status page on this web site.
  • Check with your local fire district and the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency prior to burning.
  • A short, informational conference between the applicant and a Fire Marshal representative can be arranged at no charge.  That meeting does not exceed 30-minutes.
  • Pre-application meetings to discuss fire code issues within a building proposal are charged at a fixed fee per employee in attendance.
  • We do not issue burn permits at the County. Direct your inquiry to your local fire district.
  • Restrictions may prevent a fire district from issuing a burn permit. Burn permits cannot be issued in areas designated as urban zones.
  • King County's Solid Waste Division provides alternatives to burning wood and yard waste . Contact them at 206-296-4466.