Urgent requests, after-hours violations: 1-888-437-4771
For serious violations happening now that may pose a threat to public safety or cause irreparable environmental damage, call 1-888-437-4771 immediately.
This hotline is monitored 24-hours, 7-days a week for providing timely initial response for violations that occur outside of regular business hours or on weekends or holidays.
Examples of calls appropriate for this number are:
- major clearing violations
- grading near a river or water body
A Permitting Department staff person is available to receive emergency complaints around the clock and is able to be dispatched to a site quickly should an urgent need arise.
See code enforcement complaints for information about filing non-emergency complaints.
A code violation complaint about activities in unincorporated King County may be filed in one of the following ways:
- Submit a Code Enforcement online complaint
- Call 206-296-6680 during regular business hours to file a complaint by telephone, or
- Send a letter to:
Code Enforcement - Department of Permitting & Environmental Review
35030 SE Douglas St., Ste. 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9266
Instructions for submitting a complaint
- Your name and phone number are NOT required. If you wish to remain confidential, you must state that in your complaint.
- NOTICE: The information contained in this complaint is a public record subject to disclosure under the Washington Public Records Act (RCW42.56) and may be requested and inspected by any person. The identity of a complaining party (complainant) may be withheld from public inspection at the Agency's discretion if the complainant indicates that disclosure will endanger any person's life, physical safety, or property. However, if a court case is filed as a result of this complaint, the complainant's identity may be disclosed regardless of a request that it be withheld.