Online permit applications
Our lobby services are closed. All permit applications can now be submitted online.
King County Permits has suspended lobby services in our Snoqualmie and Vashon Island offices. See available and alternative services
All permits offered by the Department of Local Services, Permitting Division (Permitting) are available online. The list below indicates the permit types available through the regional permitting portal, MyBuildingPermit.com. The permit types available through this portal are being expanded weekly.
All other applications should be submitted electronically using the directions in our Customer Service Bulletin.
- Adult Family Home Inspections
- Boundary Line Adjustments
- Code Interpretations
- Critical Areas Designation
- Damage Inspection Report
- Fire Permit for Commercial and Multi-Family Sprinklers
- Fire, Other Systems and Equipment
- Fire Alarm Systems Permit: Commercial and Multi-Family
- Fire Permit for Residential Sprinklers
- Fire–Fireworks Display
- Fire–Fireworks Stand
- Fuel Tanks, Decommissioning Underground
- Fuel Tanks, Installation and Relocation
- Legal Lot Determination
- Non-Residential and Multi-Family Mechanical
- Residential Single Family Remodel, Addition and Repair
- Residential Single Family Accessory Building and Miscellaneous Structures
- Residential Manufactured (Mobile) Homes
- Residential New Single Family Construction, includes Accessory Attached and Detached Dwelling Units (ADUs)
- Residential Basics Program (limited to licensed contractors)
- Residential Mechanical
- Residential Demolition
- Shoreline Exemption
- Special Event
- Zoning and Historical Certification Letter
Permit status and online inspection scheduling for unincorporated King County can be accessed through the County’s permitting information portal.