Economic development & small business assistance
Helping businesses in unincorporated King County
Program to help small businesses in unincorporated* King County. Learn more
*This means being inside King County and at the same time outside any incorporated city or town
Safe Start guidance (Washington State)
- Safe Start Washington plan
What you need to know
- Industry-specific guidance
- Free safety consultations for businesses (Labor and Industries)
New unemployment benefits
As of Saturday, April 18, Washington is making unemployment benefits available to people who are self-employed or independent contractors. See recommended steps for filing for unemployment benefits under “Employment Insurance Benefits (unemployment)” below.
This Farm King County page lists and links to grants, loans, relief programs such as payment delays or late fee forgiveness, and resources and services for emergency planning.
Be prepared before you apply, and expect delays in speaking to someone in person.
Key steps to prepare and apply:
- Stay up to date. If you haven’t already, sign up for COVID-19 action alerts from the Washington State Employment Security Department.
- Check your eligibility. Learn more about your eligibility and when to apply for benefits using the new eligibility checker. We are encouraging those eligible for regular unemployment to apply now, and newly eligible to wait until after April 18.
- Get ready to apply. Download the application checklist and read about your application process.
- You’ll need a Secure Access Washington (SAW) account in order to apply.
King County Economic Development Task Force
- Applying for Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- A new funding opportunity (9/11/2020)
Download documents from this presentation:
Technical Assistance Program for Businesses (8/7/2020)
- King County small business grant program update
- Phase 2 Business Reopening Requirements: Updated Information and Resources (7/10/2020)
Improvements to the Paycheck Protection Program and Economic Injury Disaster Loans (6/19/2020)
Phase 2 COVID-19 construction job site safety (6/12/2020)
Protecting the health and safety of workers during the COVID-19 pandemic (6/5/2020)
Reapertura de restaurantes (6/3/2020)
Aqui puede ver la grabación de video de nuestro seminario web sobre reapertura de restaurantes