King County Permits has suspended lobby services in our Snoqualmie and Vashon Island offices. See available and alternative services
The Code Enforcement Section investigates complaints regarding violations of King County Codes (KCC) related to zoning, building, property maintenance, shorelines and critical areas in unincorporated King County as outlined in KCC Title 23.
Provide accurate information
Provide specific, accurate, and complete information in addition to your name and phone number. Include the address or parcel number of the property in violation, name of the property owner, name of the tenant if the property is leased, and description of the violation.
Your name and phone number are NOT required. If you wish to remain confidential, you must state that in your complaint.
Identify the Violation
- Accumulation of junk and debris
- Clearing or grading without permits
- Construction without a permit
- Dangerous or open-to-entry buildings
- Illegally placed mobile homes or factory-assembled structures
- Irresponsible or hazardous development
- Livestock infractions
- Open wells and other hazardous conditions
- Operation of an illegal business
- Substandard housing
- Storage of junk cars
- Zoning code infractions
We do not enforce property line disputes, hazardous trees on adjacent properties or tenant - landlord disputes.
How to file a complaintFile a complaint online
- Call 206-296-6680
- Or send a letter to:
Department of Local Services, Permitting Division
35030 SE Douglas St., Ste. 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9266
Tools and Resources
- Property research
- Permit/case search
- Introduction to Code Enforcement
- Working with Code Enforcement
- How to comply with King County Code
- Code Enforcement Application for Fee Waiver or Adjustment
Don’t see the violation? Research other enforcement agencies