Lobby services are closed
All permits applications can now be submitted online. Learn more
King County Department of Local Services, Permitting Division has temporarily suspended lobby services in our Snoqualmie and Vashon Island offices. To consult with—or ask questions of—our engineers, plan reviewers, ecologists, etc., please contact us by phone (206-296-6600) or directly via
- DLS/Permitting is accepting online permit (available online permits) applications via
- DLS/Permitting is accepting pre-application requests (information and application) via email beginning April 13
- Permit applications that have been submitted and accepted will be added to the queue to undergo review as resources become available
- For details of available and alternative services, please read our customer service bulletin
To ensure the safety of all customers and staff
- King County employees will be following Public Health guidance and all inspections will be limited to no more than two people on site at any one time, exercising social distancing
Do not request inspections for work that is inside an occupied home or building in which occupants are displaying symptoms of illness, are currently sick, or have been sick within the past 14 days
Inspections may be canceled or postponed at the inspector’s discretion
The King County Permitting Division provides land use, building, and fire regulatory and operating permits, code enforcement, and a limited number of business licenses in unincorporated areas of the county.
Department of Local Services, Permitting Division
35030 SE Douglas Street, Suite 210
Snoqualmie, WA 98065-9266
206-296-6600 | DPERWebinquiries@kingcounty.gov
Days of operation
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
In-person customer service hours
7:30–11:30 a.m. and 1–3 p.m.
Customer service phone hours
9:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Cashier / Reception
7:30 a.m.–4 p.m.
NOTE Permitting services at the Vashon Island office are suspended.