Because 99% of smokers start smoking before the age of 26, colleges are a prime environment where policy can make a tremendous impact. Over 1,500 colleges nationwide have adopted a tobacco or smoke-free campus policy.
- Report on college campus policies
In depth policy report on tobacco-free college policies adopted throughout King County.
- Tobacco-free campus toolkit
Toolkit provides policy rationale, model policies, and information about implementation for tobacco-free college campuses.
- National tobacco-free college campus Initiative
Provides key information to assist institutions to establish their-own tobacco-free environments.
- List of colleges with smoke-free and tobacco-free policies
Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights tracks and lists all colleges with smoke or tobacco-free policies.
- American College Health Association (ACHA) Position Statement on Tobacco