Rethink your drink
Know the facts about soda and sugary drinks
Why sugary drinks?
- Sodas are high calorie, have little or no nutritional value and don't make you feel full.
- The single greatest source of added sugar in the average American’s diet is soda.
- Over-consumption of soda and sugary drinks is a leading cause of obesity in the United States.
- Sugary drinks cause obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and cavities.
- Sugary drinks include non-diet soda, sports drinks, energy drinks and sweetened fruit drinks.
What you can do
- 10 Things Parents Should Know About Sugary Drinks
- 10 Things Families & Organizations Can Do to Cut Down on Sugary Drinks
Who else is working to curb consumption of sugary drinks?
Creating a healthier beverage environment in your organization
Do you work in an organization that wants to create a healthier environment for its staff and visitors? Maybe your vending machines are loaded with sugary drinks, or perhaps water is not easily accessible at meetings or at your desk?
View this webinar hosted by the Childhood Obesity Prevention Coalition, Seattle Children’s Hospital and Public Health - Seattle & King County on October 29, 2012, to start making the healthy choice the easy choice where you work: