Healthcare for the Homeless Network (HCHN)
Healthcare for the Homeless Network provides health care services to people experiencing homelessness in King County and leadership to help change the conditions that deprive our neighbors of home and health.
Wildfire smoke guidance
Public Health – Seattle & King County would like to ensure that homeless shelter providers and meal programs have important information for ventilation and air filtration to continue to reduce the transmission of COVID-19 during wildfire smoke events.
- See guidance document (PDF)
Hepatitis A resources
- Health advisory (4/15/20): Locally-acquired cases of hepatitis A among persons living homeless in King County
- Complete this survey if you would like to request an on-site vaccine clinic at your agency.
- Free hepatitis A vaccines are available for individuals who are at most at-risk including people experiencing homelessness.
Link/share our site at www.kingcounty.gov/hch
Flu vaccine resources
- This year flu vaccination is more important than ever for our staff and clients. Increasing influenza vaccination coverage is an essential step to decrease stress on the health care system at a time when SARS-CoV-2 is expected to be circulating. Learn more at the Public Health Insider blog: Why Flu Vaccine is more Important During COVID-19.
- Homeless service providers can request a flu vaccine (and Hep A) clinic from the Public Health Vaccine Team by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is initiating an enhanced influenza vaccination campaign as a critical part of COVID-19 response work for uninsured and underinsured adults this season. To enroll your facility in the Adult Vaccine Program, complete the 2020 Adult Vaccine Program Provider Agreement.
Upcoming free flu vaccine clinics for people living homeless
|Federal Way Day Center
33505 13th Pl. S
Federal Way WA
11:30am to 2:30pm
|Kent Community Engagement Center
1229 W. Smith St.
Kent, WA 98032
11:30am to 2:30pm
156th and Des Moines Memorial Dr.
Des Moines, WA
11:00am to 1:30pm
|Congregation for the Homeless
515 116th Ave NE, Ste. 150
Bellevue, WA 98004
3:30pm to 6:00pm
|Port of Seattle - SeaTac Airport
Mezzanine Level Room 6626
17801 International Blvd.
Seattle, WA 98158
10:00am to 4:00pm
|Kent Public Health Center
25742 104th Ave SE
Kent, WA 98030
10:00am to 2:00pm