Vashon Island Closed Landfill
Ten-year post closure care and maintenance permit application
OPEN FOR COMMENT: VASHON ISLAND CLOSED LANDFILL TEN-YEAR POST CLOSURE CARE
AND MAINTENANCE PERMIT APPLICATION
Public Health – Seattle & King County is seeking public comments on King County Department of Natural Resources and Park’s Permit application for Post Closure Care and Maintenance of Vashon Island Closed Landfill. The existing Ten Year Post Closure Care and Maintenance Permit for Vashon Closed Landfill will expire on December 31, 2019. The permit reissuance period is January, 1st, 2020 to December 31, 2029.
This notice is available in other languages upon request.
|Applicant name and address||King County Department of Natural Resources and Parks
Solid Waste Division
201 South Jackson Street, Suite 701
Seattle, WA 98104-3855
|Facility name and address||Vashon Island Closed Landfill
18900 Westside Highway SW
Vashon Island, WA 98070
|Permitting Authority||Public Health – Seattle & King County
Environmental Health Services Division
401 5th Avenue, Suite 1100
Seattle, WA 98104
Review application and provide comments
To review the application and provide comments, please see documents listed below. Application materials are also available for review in person at the Public Health — Seattle & King County office listed above. To review the application in person, please contact Darshan Dhillon at 206-263-2992 or Darshan.Dhillon@kingcounty.gov, or Yolanda Pon at 206-263-8459 or Yolanda.Pon@kingcounty.gov.
Written comments must be sent in writing to the Public Health — Seattle & King County address above, online at https://blue.kingcounty.gov/about/contact, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 3, 2019. Any person who requests, in writing, a copy of the permit decision will be notified by the Environmental Health Services Division.
- Enclosure 1: Vashon Island Closed Landfill Inspection Survey Reports 2010-2019
- Enclosure 2: 2009 – 2019 Municipal Solid Waste Handling Permit Vashon Landfill (Post Closure)
- Enclosure 3: Vashon Island Closed Landfill General Site Map
- Enclosure 4: Environmental Monitoring Sampling and Analysis Plan and Quality Assurance Project Plan
- Enclosure 5: Wastewater Discharge Authorization No. 4366-01
- Enclosure 6a: Vashon Island Work Plan
- Enclosure 6b: Vashon Island Closed Landfill Landfill Gas Extended Influence Texting Work Plan Addendum
- Enclosure 6c: Perimeter Probe Investigation and Monitoring – Vashon Island Closed Landfill
- Enclosure 6d: Vashon Island Closed Landfill Landfill Gas Extraction Well Installation Work Plan Addendum
Link/share this page at www.kingcounty.gov/vashon-landfill