Footprint and child use area maps
Public Health has a variety of maps showing arsenic and lead contamination in King County. These maps were created using the data from studies conducted between 2000 and 2009.
- Extent of the contamination in King County from north to south
- Where contamination was found in a study that looked at soil from southwest King County and Federal Way to I-90
- These maps show the arsenic and lead contamination in forested areas of Vashon and Maury Island
Child Use Area Maps
- Results of a study that Washington State Ecology Dept. and its contractor, SAIC, conducted on the southwest mainland of King County
- This map shows contamination at some child use areas on mainland King County.
Public Health sampled 91 parks, public elementary schools, private schools, children's centers and private home child care facilities.
- These maps shows sample locations on Vashon-Maury Island and the maximum lead and arsenic found at each sampling site. Sample locations included schools, childcares, and parks.
- This map shows the service areas of Ecology's 2007-2009 soil safety project. Using information learned from previous studies, the map indicates where areas with higher levels of arsenic are likely to be found.