Skip to main content
Environmental Health annual and biennial reports
- 2010-2015 Environmental Health Services Strategic & Operational Plan
There are new challenges in environmental health, new initiatives and research findings that drive policy changes, and new leadership at the King County Executive office. Our strategic and operational plan incorporates these, the King County Strategic Plan, and Public Health's Operational Master Plan. Our intent is a visioning into the future so we can achieve sustainably healthy environments for all residents on King County, passing historic barriers of race and economics.
- Hopkins SG and the National Association of State Public Health Veterinarians. (2010). Compendium of Veterinary Standard Precautions: Zoonotic Disease Prevention in Veterinary Personnel. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 237(12):1403-1422.
- Moran, D, Leung, M., Wyman, P., Williams, D. (2008). Saint Edward State Park, Carole Ann Wald Swimming Pool, Injury Investigation Report. April 21, 2008 incident.
- Okumura, K. The Use of Third-Party Review to Reduce Health and Environmental Hazards from Surfactants and Cleaning Products in the Janitorial Industry. Electronically reproduced with permission from Journal of Environmental Health, 71(9):20-23, a publication of the National Environmental Health Association. Internet: www.neha.org
- Christensen, D. (2005). A new alternative for sizing septic systems. Journal of Environmental Health, 68(3), 38-40.
- McKenrick, L. L., Ii, K., Lawrence, B., Kaufman, M., Marshall, M. (2003). Helping the auto repair industry manage hazardous wastes: An education project in King County, Washington. Journal of Environmental Health, 66(4), 9-14.
- Jenkins-McLean, T, Skilton, C., Sellers, C. (2004). Engaging Food Service Workers in Behavioral-Change Partnerships. Journal of Environmental Health, 66(9), 15-19.
- Ceballos DN, Whittaker SG, Yost MG, Dills RL, Bello D, Thomasen JM, Nylander-French LA, Reeb-Whitaker CK, PM, Weiland EC and Suydam WW. A Laboratory comparison of analytical methods used for isocyanates. Anal. Methods, 2011, Advance Article. DOI: 10.1039/C1AY05225J.
- Ceballos DM, Fent KW, Whittaker SG, Gaines LG Thomasen JM, Flack SL, Nylander-French LA, Yost MG, Reeb-Whitaker, CK. Survey of Dermal Protection in Washington State Collision Repair Industry. J Occ Env Hyg. 2011, 8(9): 551 – 560.
- Flack SL, Fent KW, Gaines LGT, Thomasen JM, Whittaker SG, Ball LM, and Nylander-French LA. Hemoglobin adducts in workers exposed to 1,6-hexamethylene diisocyanate. Biomarkers, 2011; 16(3): 261–270.
- Thomasen JM, Fent KW, Reeb-Whitaker C, Whittaker SG, and Nylander-French LA. Field Comparison of Air Sampling Methods for Monomeric and Polymeric 1,6-Hexamethylene Diisocyanate. J Occ Env Hyg. 2011, 8: 161-178.
- Gaines LG, Fent KW, Flack SL, Thomasen JM, Whittaker SG, Nylander-French LA. Factors affecting variability in the urinary biomarker 1,6-hexamethylene diamine in workers exposed to 1,6-hexamethylene diisocyanate. J Environ Monit. 2010 Oct 26.
- Gaines LG, Fent KW, Flack SL, Thomasen JM, Ball LM, Richardson DB, Ding K, Whittaker SG, Nylander-French LA. Urine 1,6-Hexamethylene Diamine (HDA) Levels Among Workers Exposed to 1,6-Hexamethylene Diisocyanate (HDI). Ann Occup Hyg. 2010 Jun 7.
- Gaines LG, Fent KW, Flack SL, Thomasen JM, Ball LM, Zhou H, Whittaker SG, Nylander-French LA. Effect of creatinine and specific gravity normalization on urinary biomarker 1,6-hexamethylene diamine. J Environ Monit. 2010 Mar;12(3):591-9. 2010 Feb 10.
- Fent KW, Trelles Gaines LG, Thomasen JM, Flack SL, Ding K, Herring AH, Whittaker SG, Nylander-French LA. Quantification and Statistical Modeling--Part II: Dermal Concentrations of Monomeric and Polymeric 1,6-Hexamethylene Diisocyanate. Ann Occup Hyg. 2009 Jul 27.
- Fent KW, Gaines LG, Thomasen JM, Flack SL, Ding K, Herring AH, Whittaker SG, Nylander-French LA. Quantification and Statistical Modeling--Part I: Breathing-Zone Concentrations of Monomeric and Polymeric 1,6-Hexamethylene Diisocyanate. Ann Occup Hyg. 2009 Jul 21.
- Ceballos DM, Yost MG, Whittaker SG, Camp J, Dills R. Objective color scale for the SWYPE surface sampling technique using computerized image analysis tools. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2009 Oct; 6(10):604-11.
- Whittaker SG, Reeb-Whitaker C. Characterizing the health and safety needs of the collision repair industry. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2009 May;6(5):273-82.