Medic One's Mission Statement
King County Medic One is a public service organization, a critical link in our regional Emergency Medical Service system, providing high quality, advanced patient care.
Our mission is accomplished by the vigilant practice of our core values:
- We treat our patients with dignity.
- We recognize and accept the privilege, confidence and trust that is extended to us when we serve others during their time of vulnerability and need.
- We demonstrate ethical behavior in all of our interactions.
- We maintain our credibility by conducting ourselves with uncompromising honesty and professionalism.
- We build constructive relationships by practicing cooperative effort.
- We support a working environment that encourages respectful communication, equitable treatment and widespread contribution.
- We are a program of leaders.
- We encourage, develop and practice leadership skills at all levels, which motivates others to achieve common goals.
- We pursue continuous improvement in our medical mission through evaluation, education, personal development and research.
- We achieve distinction by demonstrating the highest degree of paramedic and program expertise combined with effective teamwork.
In summary, we take pride in our service-oriented organization dedicated to bringing the values of Medic One to the public and the EMS community.