Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
New temporary restrictions in King County
In King County, cases have risen to dangerous new highs and hospitalizations are up. We are very worried about the increasing impact on the health of our community, healthcare system, and economy. Governor Inslee announced temporary restrictions to be in effect statewide from November 17 until December 14. The new restrictions include:
- Indoor social gatherings with people who do not live with you are prohibited, unless you quarantine for 14 days prior OR quarantine for 7 days and receive a negative COVID test result.
- Outdoor gatherings are limited to no more than 5 people who do not live with you.
- More information about temporary restrictions for restaurants, stores, religious services, and other activities is on the Current COVID-19 Guidance page.
With cases skyrocketing in King County, it's more important than ever to stop the spread:
- Wear a mask around people you don't live with (even close friends and family).
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Follow the Governor's limitations on indoor gatherings.
- Quarantine and get tested at the first sign of illness or if you've been around someone with COVID-19.
- The safest option is to avoid gathering with people you don't live with this holiday season.
King County COVID-19 Call Centers
- Medical questions related to COVID-19?
Contact the call center between 8 AM to 7 PM PST at 206-477-3977
- Non-medical questions about COVID-19 including compliance and business related issues?
- Contact the King County COVID-19 Business and Community Information Line (Monday - Friday) 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM at 206-296-1608, or submit a written inquiry or report online.
- For employee health, contact tracing, or testing questions, please call the COVID-19 call center at 206-477-3977.
- Need isolation or quarantine for COVID-19?
Contact the call center between 8 AM to 10PM PST at 206-477-3977.
- General questions about COVID-19 in Washington State
Contact the Washington State Novel Coronavirus Call Center at 800-525-0127.