How to dispose of dead animals/carcasses (not exposed to disease-causing germs)
- Dispose of individual dead animals weighing less than 15 pounds in the household garbage.
- Dead animals weighing more than 15 pounds (or large numbers of dead animals) should be taken to a rendering plant, veterinary clinic, animal shelter, or pet cemetery, or buried on the owner's property. If none of these methods are available, dead animals will be accepted at the Cedar Hills Landfill when accompanied by an approved Waste Clearance Decision Form.
- More info on animal carcasses from the King County Solid Waste Division
- Animal manure/excrement disposal for residences and businesses
- Livestock disposal manual (PDF, Washington State Dept. of Agriculture)