School immunization rates in King County
Visit the School Immunization Dashboard for updated information about:
- Varying percentages of students who are up-to-date by vaccine
- Percentage of children who are up-to-date, conditional, out of compliance and exempt
- Common reasons students file exemptions
- Vaccination trends over time
- How vaccination coverage varies for each school in a district
- How public and private schools compare on immunization coverage
- Make sure your child is up-to-date on all recommended immunizations.
- Share information about the benefits of immunization with peers in school, child care, parent groups and social media.
- Contact organizations such as WithinReach, home of the Immunization Action Coalition of Washington and Immunity Community, to learn more about immunization promotion in Washington state.
- Adults need vaccines, too! Check with your doctor to find out which vaccines you need to stay healthy.
Parents and guardians meet school immunization requirements by filling out and turning in a Certificate of Immunization Status form showing that their children received all required vaccinations (or have already had an illness and are now immune). Those seeking exemptions from one or more vaccines must meet with a licensed health care provider to discuss the benefits and risks of vaccinations, fill out a Certificate of Exemption form signed by the provider, and submit the form to the school or child care. A letter from the provider may take the place of a signed form. Parents and guardians who demonstrate membership in a church or religious body that does not believe in medical treatment do not need a provider's signature on the exemption form.
For additional information, refer to the King County School Immunization Assessment Report, 2012-18 (PDF)
Per state law (WAC 246-105-060,) all public and private schools and licensed preschools must report the immunization status of students by November 1st each year.
Questions? Contact Public Health's Immunization Program at email@example.com or 206-296-4774.