- ParentHelp123 is a site that can link students and parents to local resources.
Data on adolescent health
- Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System - The Youth Risk Behavior Surveillance System (YRBSS) monitors priority health-risk behaviors and the prevalence of obesity and asthma among youth and young adults.
- Kids Count A national and state-by-state effort to track the status of children in the United States
- King County Community Health Indicators The Community Health Indicators project presents available data for the health indicators listed below. For each indicator, linked tables, maps and charts present the most recent data, trend over time, demographic comparisons, neighborhood-level data, comparisons to other metropolitan counties and the related Healthy People 2010 objective.
- Obesity rates for students in King County
- School Based Health Alliance: Their mission is to improve the health status of children and youth by advancing and advocating for school-based health care.
- Links to American Lung Association resources:
- The California School Health Centers Association (CSHC) is the statewide organization leading the movement to put health care where kids are in schools. Our mission is to promote the health and academic success of children and youth by increasing access to the high quality health care and support services provided by SBHCs. CSHC pursues this mission by advocating for public policies that support school health centers; building support among policymakers, community leaders, parents and students; and providing technical support to new and existing school health centers.
- A Policy-Based School Intervention to Prevent Overweight and Obesity, Pediatrics, Vol. 121 No. 4 April 2008, pp. e794-e802 (doi:10.1542/peds.2007-1365)
- Expert Committee Recommendations Regarding the Prevention, Assessment, and Treatment of Child and Adolescent Overweight and Obesity: Summary Report
- 2005 Institute of Medicine (IOM) Report on Preventing Childhood Obesity: Health in the Balance
- Obesity Prevention in Schools: Current Role and Future Practice of School Nurses, Martha Y. Kubik, PhD, RN, Assistant Professor, Mary Story, PhD, RD, Professor, and Cynthia Davey, MS, Research Fellow
- The CDC Guide to Community Preventive Services is a free resource to help you choose programs and policies to improve health and prevent disease in your community. Systematic reviews are used to answer these questions:
- The Health Communicator's Social Media Toolkit is designed to provide partners with guidance and to the share our lessons learned in integrating social media into health communication campaigns, activities, and emergency response efforts. This guide provides information on getting started using social media? from developing governance to determining which channels best meet communication objectives to creating a social media strategy.
- Eat Well and Keep Moving A CDC Community Guide endorsed program to promote healthy eating and active living.
- MSPAN Middle School Physical Activity and Nutrition A CDC Community Guide endorsed program to promote healthy eating and active living.
- PATH Physical Activity and Teen Health - A CDC Community Guide endorsed program to promote healthy eating and active living.
- FEEST - A program in the Delridge neighborhood that brings kids together to cook up healthy meals.
- Children’s Medical Center, Seattle, Obesity Action Team Resources for Providers - Rich site with handouts, community classes and national research
- Strategies to Increase Fruit and Vegetable Consumption in Schools
- Powerpoint from the CDC on What Governments Can Do to Reduce Childhood Obesity
- MHITS Training Webinar Part 1: The Basics (.WMF file, 167Mb; requires Windows Media Player)
- MHITS Training Webinar Part 2: Additional Features (.WMF file, 80Mb; requires Windows Media Player)
- Anger Rumination Scale Webinar
- CRAFFT Webinar (substance abuse)
- GAD-7 Webinar
- GAIN Webinar
- Pediatric Symptom Checklist Webinar
- PHQ-9 Webinar
- SCARED (anxiety) Webinar
- School Connectedness Scale Webinar
- SDQ Webinar
- Trauma Screen and CPSS (PTSD) Webinar
- Vanderbilt Webinar (ADHD)
- Weight Concerns Scale Webinar
- Standardized Assessment Tool Scoring Instructions
- Axis V CGAS
- ARS (anger)
- CRAFFT (substance use)
- GAIN Short Screener
- SCARED (Anxiety)
- School Connectedness Scale
- Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ)
- SDQ Conduct & Attention Subscales
- Short Mood and Feelings Questionnaire (SMFQ)
- Trauma Screen + CPSS (PTSD)
- Vanderbilt teacher version
- Weight Concerns Scale
- Different Setting, Different Care: Integrating Prevention and Clinical Care in School-Based Health Centers, September 2010, Vol 100, No. 9 | American Journal of Public Health 1592-1596
- To Screen or Not to Screen? Maximizing Chlamydia Screening of Adolescent Females in School Based Health Centers in California, 2008 National STD Prevention Conference
- PowerPoint presentation on school health centers (Sept., 2010)