Mission, goals, and functions
Identify and promote the conditions under which all people can live within healthy communities and can achieve optimum health.
Protect and improve the health and well-being of all people in King County, as defined by per person healthy years lived. Whenever possible, employ strategies, policies and interventions to reduce health disparities.
- Based on Science and Evidence
- Driven by Social Justice
- Focused on Prevention
- Centered on the Community
Public Health Functions
- Health Protection: Tracking and preventing disease and other threats; regulating dangerous environmental and workplace exposures; and ensuring the safety of water, air and food.
- Health Promotion: Leading efforts to promote health and prevent chronic conditions and injuries.
- Health Provision: Helping assure access to high quality health care for all populations.
For more information on the goals, functions and strategies of Public Health - Seattle & King County, please see the Public Health Operational Master Plan.