PTM Project Details
Procurement Technology Modernization will...
- Give suppliers a self-service, single point of access to register for email notifications of current contracting opportunities, certify their small business, apply for roster capital projects rosters, and maintain their payment and remittance info.
- Allow for a fully electronic solicitation and bidding process, reducing paper consumption.
- Support King County's Equity & Social Justice (ESJ) initiative by simplifying supplier registration, growing the ability for traditionally underrepresented and small businesses to compete for King County contracts.
- Reduce public disclosure requests (PDRs) with transparent online storage.
- Streamline the procurement process and create transparency for our suppliers and agency customers.
- Increase efficiency with enhanced data for better reporting and analysis.
- Replace hard-to-maintain custom legacy systems will well-integrated cloud apps.
- Create ITB, RFQ, RFI documents with step-by-step guided navigation
- Search and invite strategic suppliers based on unique criteria
- Negotiation templates help leverage prior negotiation information
- Single, self-help portal makes it easy for suppliers to participate
- Supports multiple proposal submissions by suppliers
- Publish negotiations to external sites to satisfy disclosure requirements (award notices, response tabulations)
- Team Scoring
- Award Analysis helps evaluate across diverse criteria
Supplier Qualification Management
- Qualification Areas - Categories of related questions specific to your evaluation objectives
- Conditional questionnaires to capture targeted information
- Question libraries to promote standardization
- Qualification Initiatives – to qualify multiple suppliers in a single streamlined process
- Integration with Supplier Onboarding and Sourcing
- Re-qualification – Alerts and early notifications to track expiring qualifications and re-trigger them
- Standardize contracts and enforce business policies using pre-approved clause libraries, templates and approved alternatives.
- Identify deviations from defined standards, highlight risks, and enforce appropriate document approvals
- Improve contract visibility with a secure and searchable contract repository, renewals management, amendment tracking, and complete audit history
- Capture electronic signatures with DocuSign integration
- An internal Portal for all requests submitted to the P&P team
- Request Management capabilities to provide a streamlined Request-to-Resolution process
- A highly interactive online customer experience for Agency staff
- Offer intelligent advice with smart assistant
What are the major benefits of the new Procurement and T&E systems?
King County/Agency procurement system users:
- Ability to track bids electronically throughout the procurement cycle
- Ability to reduce paper used throughout the solicitation process
- Create a self-service portal for all agencies to easily communicate and collaboration with Procurement
- Establish a contract repository
- Give us the ability to update requirements and/or processes
- Improve the reporting functionality across the County and reduce the amount of time required to create reports
- Improved procurement experience for SCS-certified small businesses
- Streamline and simply supplier registration -- increase suppliers’ ability to register to propose on King County projects/services!
- Ability for vendors to maintain their own profile information
- Allow for electronic bid submissions
- Reduce the use of paper!
- Create the ability for suppliers to track the status of their bids
Travel Expense system users:
- Reduce timeline for reconciliation of travel expense
- Allow for mobile app receipt entry - No more scanning receipts at the office!
- Update the King County travel policy to ensure employees have a clear understanding when traveling for work
- All required documentation located in a centralized system for each travel request
- Simplify pre-travel approval for County-Wide
Frequently Asked Questions
Updated timeline released April 2, 2020.