Department of Executive Services
Delivering Excellent Service every day
The Department of Executive Services (DES) was created in 2002 through the merger of four departments into one agency focused on providing internal services to King County agencies. The divisions and offices that make up DES also provide some public services directly to King County residents.
Our vision is to be a partner and leader in Delivering Excellent Service every day.
DES employees achieve this vision by focusing on our customers, internal and external, and treating everyone with fairness and respect.
- DES Divisions and Offices
- Office of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Business Resource Center (BRC) log-in required
- Facilities Management Division (FMD)
- Finance and Business Operations Division (FBOD)
- Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
- Office of Risk Management Services (ORMS)
- Records and Licensing Services Division (RALS)
Note: Executive Constantine has proposed a reorganization of King County departments, effective January 1, 2019. Under this plan the Human Resources Division will become a standalone department, and will add ADR and BPROS to its lines of business. The Fleet and Airport divisions, currently under the Department of Transportation (DOT), will move into DES.
Human Resources Division (HRD)
- Career Opportunities
- Career Support Services
- Diversity Services
- Employee Health and Well-Being
- Safety and Workers Compensation Claims